Communal Satellite Systems Leeds, Communal TV Systems
Experts in Communal Aerial Systems
Handley Aerials are a highly experienced specialist installers of Communal Aerial and Communal Satellite and IRS Systems. Our engineers are IRS trained and they have been trained by the CAI (the confederation of aerial industries). We have designed & installed some incredibly complex communal systems for some big brands and national companies.
Types Communal Aerial or Satellite System?
There are a few main types of communal systems for aerial and satellite reception.
- IRS Integrated Receiving systems. This is the most common communal system for blocks of flats, housing estates (when only one main dish and aerial is required for the whole estate).
- IPTV We specialise in Internet Protocol TV systems (IPTV) where the TV signal is distributed over Cat6 data systems.
- DTT (digital terrestrial TV). DTT is for digital TV aerial signal only (no satellite). This type of system is the minimum requirement for blocks of flats or hotels.
- SMATV (Satellite Master Antenna TV systems). These systems are mainly used on hotels. SMATV systems have one commercial grade receiver per satellite channel which is directed through an aerial system. This means that each individual TV can receive the required satellite channels without the need for a satellite receiver box for each room.
- Fibre optic systems (Fibre optic (FIRS) systems). Technology has changed and become cheaper. Fibre run systems can do everything an IRS system can do. These are great where long or extra long or large systems are involved.
These systems can be vary in size from small systems up to major systems incorporating fibre optic cables which can feed entire housing estates. We are capable of installing very hi-tech, complex communal aerial systems.
We carry out Repairs & Maintenance to Communal TV Systems across the UK.
The engineers who are employed by Handley Aerials are highly accredited & trained. We have installed some incredibly complex communal systems across the UK.
- PASMA Trained
- IPAF Trained
- SMSTS Trained (Site Management Safety Training Scheme)
- SSSTS (Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme)
- CSCS Registered
- CITB Registered
- CAI Plus Registered
- RDI Registered
- Sky Approved Installer
Commercial Satellite Systems Leeds
We install, repair and maintain communal TV systems in flats, for landlords, property management companies, letting agents, in offices, retail outlets, shopping centres, shops, bars, restaurants, clubs and play centres to name a few. We have even installed a system in a prison.
To see more about Commercial Aerials please see our commercial aerials page.
Communal & Commercial Trained Engineers
At Handley Aerials engineers are trained for communal systems. Communal installations require a different skill set to home aerial installations. Communal aerial systems are much more complex. When you choose a company to take on a project like that you need to ensure they are sufficiently trained and have the ability to deliver what is required. When you choose Handley Aerials you can be assured that we are experts in this field.